Today we shall discuss on how to prevent high bounce rate and tips on lowering bounce rate to your website. Despite your good effort in getting targeted traffic to your website, you want them to stay long enough to read the great contents you had produced and eventually subscribing to your mailing list.
If your website did not have what they want or has nothing of value to offer, chances are they won’t be back and your website will be forgotten. Period.
Note: Every internet marketer applies this formula:
Good Content + Targeted Traffic + Mailing List = Money
If you like to know how to get targeted traffic and build a mailing list which should be high on your list to your internet marketing business you can read them here:
a) Get Targeted Traffic to Your Website Using Only 3 Simple Methods
b) How to Engage the 3 Types of Targeted Traffic
c) How to Build an Internet Business Buyers Mailing List
d) Simple Ways in Building a Database of Opt-In Email Addresses List
Four (4) Basic Tips on Lowering Bounce Rate
A low bounce rate simply means visitor arrive at your website, they moved around, explore your website and spent time reading your contents. If you want to know tips on lowering bounce rate to your site, I had listed them down below to help you achieve a low bounce rate:
- Real Quality, Relevant Updated Contents: Targeted traffic who arrive at your site expect nothing less than real relevant contents. They know what they want and thus expect at least that or more from your website. Have real, relevant and updated contents that can teach them to make them learn something new from you.You want your website to be a good resource to them by providing honest, clear and easy to understand contents and products you are offering. This will leave a good impression to your site and they will revisit again for good reasons.
- Interact and Ask for Comments: Interact with your visitors by asking them their opinion of your contents and how you can help them further. You want to create a sense of belonging and ownership. It is important to build trust and it is a great way to build a constant flow of targeted traffic to your website.
Note: Always reply to comments make to your site. Have the last say as much as possible. This will also improve your search engine rankings.
- Short Paragraphs and Visual Aids: Make short paragraphs in your contents. Each paragraph should preferably be just 3 lines. They made your website looks more pleasant. Add some relevant pictures as visual aids to help stimulate readers emotions.
- Complicated Site Navigation: This has always been my personal principle when comes to designing my own websites. Personally, when I arrive at a site and finds it too complicated to navigate, I would simply click the close button and it could happen in less than 3~5 seconds.How do you feel when you visit a shop with things cluttered everywhere…? It serves no benefits to your visitors and you if they can’t find what they want.
Four (4) Basic Tips to Prevent High Bounce Rate
A high bounce rate simply means visitor arrive at your website and decide to leave almost immediately. They are not bothered to explore your website to check it out. And there are several reasons to it which I had listed them down below and how you can prevent high bounce rate:
- Unappealing Website Design: Step back and look at your website design and be honest with yourself by putting yourself in the shoes of your visitors. Look at the colours (background, font) and size of your font (preferably font size: 16).Ask yourself if your website is pleasant and simple for visitors to stay long and come back again? Go around and visit other websites. See, feel and tell yourself how you want your website to look like.
- Relevancy: Your contents, title, offers, graphics should always stay in-line so that you can serve the correct targeted traffic. Be clear and honest about what you are offering. If the contents and freebies that you are offering is confusing and does not match your title, you will get a high bounce rate for every visitor to your website.
- No “Call To Action”: Despite all the effort and time spent to produce great contents to your targeted traffic, you want to retain them as your subscribers and for them to return. But if there is nothing to facilitate this objection, then probably your visitor could have exited and forgotten the name of your website forever. Has it happened to you when you just can’t find that particular website that after you had exited?
- Slow loading speed: Websites with slow loading speed will definitely get high bounce rate. Visitors will not wait for your website to load up because they want immediate information. That’s how people behave.
To summarise things up, you need to carefully plan and know clearly what you are offering on your website. Follow the tips above on lowering your bounce rate in order to get high readerships and in return build up your mailing list which will eventually become your source of internet business income.
Always analyse your traffic behaviour by using a free tool like Google Analytics. If you want to know the market trends and what people are searching for you can use a tool like SimilarWeb.
We Like to Have Your Comments:
I hope this post of “Tips on Lowering Bounce Rate & Prevent High Bounce Rate” has been helpful.
If you do have any question, having a personal opinion or different views; I would love to know them. Simply leave your comments below. I take every opportunity to read and response each comment.
You can also drop me an email: ben(@)fixitz.org